Gcom 520 wiring

Fastidious

Gcom 520 wiring

Post by Fastidious » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 am

Good morning to everyone, I would like to ask for a wiring diagram for connecting the Gcom520 to a D5 Evo centurion sliding gate motor, I purchased two gcoms and connect them to two guest houses gate motors and configure it through the my-gom manager portal but when i send sms commands it keep on sending this message back "Gcom520 controller submitted function could not be decoded"|What could be possibly the problem?

G.Mitchell
Site Admin

Re: Gcom 520 wiring

Post by G.Mitchell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 am

You can download the Gcom520 manual at http://www.gcom500.co.za/Documents/Gcom520_Manual.pdf
The connection diagram is for a DTS gate motor but the D5 is the same - just connect the relay1 normaly open contact to the D5 trigger and common input. Relay1 is the normal vehicle access trigger and relay2 can be used for the pedestrian gate trigger or for any other system such as arming and disarming alarm systems or electric fence energizers.
You should be using the "MISSED CALL" feature for free gate access not SMS's. If you get a function not recognized message then check your syntax, make sure the SMS you send is formatted correctly with no spaces between commands (be careful of the predictive text feature on your phone). If you have any further problems you can contact me using the HELP tab on the Gcom portal.