DTS Motor doesn't stop

hawky358

DTS Motor doesn't stop

Post by hawky358 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Hello,

I have a DTS 500 expert (with the green cover) – I can provide the serial number via PM if needed.

Today when trying to open the gate, I received the 4 beeps indicating a blown fuse. I check and repaired the fuse problem (Fuse was blown), however the gate now has a different issue where it doesn’t stop itself or “re-calibrate" correctly.

Normally to “re-calibrate” the motor encoder you open it about a meter and press the button. The motor closes very slowly up to the limit then opens again up to the limit.

What is happening now is that when I press the button the motor runs full speed until it hits the metal stop on the fence, the motor doesn’t seem to cut out and needs to be “stopped” by removing power.

The motor doesn’t stop even when manually pushing the limit switch

I have noticed the following:

The “pulse” light does indeed flash when manually turning the motor which seems to indicate the encoder is working to some extent
The “open” and “closed” lights do go on when manually pushing the limit switch.

Is this a problem / issue which you are aware of? Perhaps a PCB issue? Can it be repaired or does something need to be replaced?

Note I did send an email with this as well prior to noticing this forum

G.Mitchell
Site Admin

Re: DTS Motor doesn't stop

Post by G.Mitchell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

From your description it sounds like the PCB MOSFET transistor is blown (shorted). This controls the motor speed and when damaged it no longer has control of the motor (it just runs at full speed).
if correct the only remedy is to return the PCB to one of our distributors for repair or replacement.

hawky358

Re: DTS Motor doesn't stop

Post by hawky358 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

Izak at your head office quickly replied and assisted me with this query. He concurred with your assessment. I now have a new board and everything is working again.